Our Most Popular Posts for 2013
The end of the year always comes along with reflection on the past and a look to the future. We are taking a look at our most popular blog posts over the past year and compiled a top 10 list of the most read Brandme Blog posts in 2013:
10. Product and Company Names Gone Wrong. Reading these funny names is always fun, but it is a reminder to remain vigilant about your business planning. When naming your business and each product, take care in doing your due diligence and investigating what cultural and language barriers and implications you might run into. One idea is to use a small focus group when choosing names and ask them what they think of when they hear and see the name as well as what the name means to them.
9. 67% of Australian Tweens Use Social Media. This post from June gave us some insight into how young the social media users are and how they are growing as a segment to consider targeting with social media advertising.
8. Customer Retention Costs Less than New Customer Acquisition. Early in the year this March, we spotlighted what has become a growing trend for 2013 and we expect to see the importance of customer service to continue to grow in 2014 and beyond. This blog post showed how companies that spend so much on new customer acquisition are making a mistake by not allotting advertising and marketing budget to customer retention. Why give preferential treatment to new customers over existing customers that you already have? It is especially important to favour existing customers when you can see their habits, see that they pay their bills on time, analyse buying habits, and can collect other important data on them.
7. Popular Trade Shows in Australia and Around the World. This post from May highlighted the most popular trade shows here in Australia and all over the world. A big part of the promotional product business is done for trade shows, so we are always helping our customers stay on top of the most popular ones they shouldn’t miss as well as offering tips and ideas for trade show success.
6. How Coca Cola ‘Outfizzed’ the Competitions with Social Media and Personalisation. This fascinating case study we told you about in April detailed how Coca Cola used a very clever campaign to generate social media buzz and endear soda drinkers.
5. Feng Shui Colour Concepts. In 2013, we ran a series of blog posts about Feng Shui and the business office space. This blog post from June explained how incorporating different colours into your office can influence mood and even your goals.
4. Online vs. Offline Retailer Sales Trends in Australia. This blog post from March show the last year’s trends, which included a lot of ups and downs in spending habits.
3. Pros and Cons of Selling on Amazon. Amazon has made quite a bit of headlines since we featured this post back in April. Many retailers choose to sell on Amazon because of its mass appeal. However there are some negative aspects go along with the positive points of selling on the largest online retailer in the world.
2. Cleaning Your Office and the Positive Feng Shui Effects. Our series of blog posts on Feng Shui were quite popular and hopefully helpful to our readers. This particular post showed how keeping your office clean and clutter free can help increase productivity.
1. Is There Ever a Good Time to Go Negative? The top of the list features a post actually from late 2012, but the controversial and interesting topic was the most read over the past year. This is always a hot topic and one of the biggest questions in the advertising business. Do we take a stab at the “other guys” with our advertising or just focus on ourselves? Some companies do it right, but some companies get burned in the end.