Designing a Special Trade Show Booth during the Holidays
Do you have a trade show or conference coming up this month during the holidays? If so, it is a great opportunity to make your booth stand out and spread holiday cheer with some great holiday decorations and themed promotions. Turn holiday magic into booth visitors and sales. Depending on your company culture, brand, and customer base, you can keep your holiday display and promotions non-denominational or go all out with the holiday you celebrate.
Here are some tips for decorating your trade show booth for the holidays:
- Lights are always great attention grabbers. String up some holiday lights. There are many different styles to choose from, so you can find the right ones that match your booth display and your brand. If you want colour, go for the multi-coloured string of lights. There are also musical light strings, white, blue, icicles, etc.
- Add holiday plants and flowers like poinsettias, holly, or other regional plants or flowers that are in bloom where your trade show is.
- Booth staff can add holiday flair by dressing in themed holiday clothing, or add accessories to your usual “booth uniform”. Attract attention with bells or show individualism with hats.
- Instead of regular candy or snacks, offer up holiday treats and confections. Fresh baked cookies always spell out “welcome” for most people. Just the smell alone might drive attendees to your booth!
- Play holiday music.
- Have a “holiday gift” prize drawing. Instead of a regular prize drawing, have the prizes be holiday themed.
- Photos with Santa, the elves, or just a photo booth are a great way to attract people over to your booth. In exchange for a free photo, you can ask for a business card or even for them to fill out a longer form to collect data and information. Costumed characters always create a spectacle and attract attention.