5 Ways to Best Use Your New LinkedIn Cover Photo
If LinkedIn is important to you, there is now another reason to upgrade to a premium LinkedIn account. If you find leads, look for work, or search for potential new hires on LinkedIn, a premium account which starts at $7.99 per month is well worth the features that come along with it in addition to the new cover photo option. If you are not a premium user and don’t feel the need for the upgrade, the cover photo feature will be rolled out to all users in the next few months. The new, larger and customisable cover photo allows you to make a bigger and better impression on potential new and existing LinkedIn connections. Here are 5 examples to get the most out of your new LinkedIn cover photo:
- Call to Action: Any good marketing message should have a call to action and the same goes for your LinkedIn cover photo.
- Highlight Your Current Project: Have a book or new product just released? The prominence of your LinkedIn cover photo is the perfect place to advertise it.
- Reinforce Company Branding: Highlighting your company’s brand or logo in your cover photo helps with branding and also lets your connections know where you work. The more workers that use the same cover photo with the logo, the more the branding is reinforced.
- Promote Your Website: Feature your website prominently at the top of your cover photo. It is a great way to encourage website visitors. Be sure not to just list your website address, but to include a branding message, call to action, or tag line description so that visitors know why to click.
- Use the Space Visually: Visual messaging is important in social settings. If your business is visual, use the large cover photo space to fill it with images and colour that is relevant and shows who you are and what you do.